Director of Group Repairs, Investment and Compliance
Director of Group Repairs, Investment & Compliance
Report to: Group Director of Repairs & Assets
Section: Group Executive Team
Wheatley is one of the UK’s most dynamic, agile, best-performing and largest housing, care and property-management groups. Owning or managing over 93,700 homes, Wheatley delivers award-winning services to over 210,000 people across 19 local authorities in Scotland. Wheatley employs 2700 people directly and a further 2000 as joint owners of one of Scotland’s largest repairs and maintenance companies, City Building (Glasgow).
With the ongoing growth and expansion of Wheatley Group, a new role has been created within Wheatley’s leadership team, Director of Group Repairs, Investment and Compliance. This role will provide strategic leadership to our repairs, investment and compliance teams ensuring our services are maintained, planned and delivered.
- Contribute to the strategic management of the organisation, with a clear focus on the future as well as the here and now;
- Ensure Repairs, Investment & Compliance Initiatives are delivered across group in line with our ‘Your Home, Your Community, Your Future’ strategy.
- Lead operational repairs, investment and compliance delivery through two in-house providers and direct delivery through an existing joint venture.
- Provide strong and visible leadership and establish clear expectations to enable our ‘Think Yes Together Culture’
- Champion continuous improvement and digital transformation across all repairs, investment, and compliance services
- Must be operating in a senior leadership role with a proven track record of successfully leading, managing, and developing complex large-scale projects with public/private sector partnerships or joint venture partnerships at a comparable level;
- Must have a deep understanding of procuring complex housing/urban programmes or projects of a comparable nature within a public and private sector environment;
- Must provide motivational leadership, putting together high performing diverse teams focused on delivering significant results and able to work with a wide range of stakeholders.
This position offers an attractive salary, access to various pensions including local government pension scheme, employee benefits scheme and 28 days Annual Leave + 13 Public Holidays.
Wheatley Group is committed to equality and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
For further information, and to apply, please click here
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 22nd June 2022 at 12.00PM.