About Wheatley Group
We’re part of Wheatley Group – Scotland’s leading housing, care and property-management group. Wheatley provides homes and services to over 210,000 people in 19 local authority areas across central Scotland.
More about Wheatley Group
Wheatley Group is named after John Wheatley, the Glasgow MP who became known as the father of social housing.
All parts of the Group are firmly rooted in their local communities. However, by joining forces, our partner organisations are delivering much more for their customers than they could on their own.
And, by using our combined size and scale, we are contributing to improving housing, care and regeneration at a national level.
The value of Wheatley
Being part of Wheatley Group means we can provide extra value to communities and the people we work for.
We have extensive experience of working with housing providers and understand the importance of people feeling safe in their homes and the types of support they might need to stay in their home and be part of their community.
The Wheatley Pledge incentivises Wheatley’s contractors and suppliers to do more for communities by creating jobs and training places for local people or by carrying out voluntary projects.
The people we work for are able to benefit from these opportunities.
We can also access a range of wraparound services that Wheatley provides including environmental services, furniture packages and the EatWell initiative.
Sharing resource and expertise as part of Wheatley also allows us to be much more innovative than we could be on our own.
Our unique W.E. Care approach was developed in partnership with the people we work for and colleagues from across Wheatley.
This model places individuals as leaders in their care delivery and uses a range of innovative products to support individuals.
These include volunteering, technology-enabled care and creating personalised adaptations to individuals homes.
Which organisations make up Wheatley Group?
- Wheatley Homes Glasgow - Scotland’s largest social landlord, with 43,570 affordable homes in Glasgow;
- Wheatley Homes South - with around 10,350 homes across the region;
- Wheatley Homes East - with almost 7200 affordable homes in Edinburgh, the Lothians and Fife;
- Loretto Housing - with more than 2750 affordable homes in the central belt;
- Wheatley Care - which provided care and support to around 8170 people in 2022-23;
- Lowther - which owns or manages a portfolio of around 1600 homes for rent, also manages around 1320 homes for Wheatley Group registered social landlords and provides property-management services to almost 29,000 households;
- Wheatley Solutions - where around 650 people work together to provide Group support services;
- Wheatley Foundation - which invested £6.6m last year in creating opportunities for people to improve their lives; and
- City Building (Glasgow) - jointly owned with Glasgow City Council and providing repairs and maintenance services.