Privacy notice - Customer Voices Programme
Privacy notice for customers taking part in the Customer Voices Programme.
The Customer Voices Programme supports the key outcomes of our Engagement Framework and will allow us to listen, consult and co-create with our customers as we improve our services in the digital age. Your participation in our Customer Voices Programme will result in the following outcomes:
- Better and easier to use online services;
- Customers designing, influencing and co-creating our services;
- A platform which will give power to our customers over our digital services;
- Increased capacity in our communities.
Wheatley Housing Group is the 'controller' of the personal information you provide to us.
This information is required in order for you to participate in one of our Customer Voices engagement studies, as more fully described in this privacy notice.
Our Data Protection Officer is Ranald Brown who can be contacted on #email@example.com
What information do we collect
This personal information consists of the following:
- Mobile telephone number
- Email address
- Ownership of digital devices and Internet access
- Barriers or issues with accessing services
- Photos, images from on-line participation sessions
Why do we need this information
We will process your personal information with your consent so that you can participate in our Customer Voices Programme activities. This will mean we can contact you to engage you in focus groups, customer panels, learning exercises, environmental activities software usability studies and allow reporting and monitoring so that we can ensure that our products and services are better designed and useful for all our customers.
The personal information collected through our Customer Voices Programme will ensure our customers have a stronger voice and enable the following:
- Listen to and better understand our customers so we can develop our products and services to support customers better;
- Improve the standard of service design through immediate feedback and evaluation;
- Report to leaders across the Wheatley Group on the impact of customer engagement;
- Monitor attendance so that we can support customers to attend and get benefit from the studies.
You can withdraw your consent at any time to participate in one of our engagement studies. You can do this by telephoning us on 0800 479 7979.
We may ask you if we can process your personal information for additional purposes. For example, to report on the impact of the Customer Voices Programme, for use in a case study or for a news article. Where we do so, we will provide you with an additional privacy notice with information on how we will use your information for these additional purposes.
Who we share your personal information with
Your personal information will be accessed by staff in Wheatley Group for the purposes set out in this privacy notice or for other purposes where approved by you or as otherwise permitted by law.
Statistical information on engagement studies undertaken within the Group will be shared with the Executive Team and Board.
We may need to share personal information with local authorities, government departments and agencies, with our regulator and auditors or with other organisations and agencies where we are legally allowed to do so.
We may be required to share personal information with Statutory or Regulatory authorities and organisations to comply with statutory obligations. We will only share information on the basis of your consent or in accordance with UK data protection legislation.
How we protect your personal information
Your personal information is stored on our paper and IT filing systems which may be copied for testing, backup, archiving and disaster recovery purposes. Access to your information is limited to those who require it to provide services to you. All data is held within the UK.
How long we keep your information
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to facilitate the service improvement processes your engagement study has assisted with.
We have a data retention policy that sets out the periods for retaining and reviewing all information that we hold and personal information and images for the Customer Voices Programme will be retained for a maximum of three years.
You can exercise any of the following rights by writing to us at Wheatley Group, Wheatley House, 25 Cochrane Street, Glasgow, G1 1HL or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Your rights in relation to your personal information are:
- you have a right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you by making a "subject access request";
- if you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have a right to request that we correct or complete your personal information;
- you have a right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information for specific purposes; and
- if you wish us to delete your personal information, you may request that we do so.
Any requests received by Wheatley Group will be considered under applicable data protection legislation. If you remain dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office at www.ico.org.uk
The accuracy of our information is important to us - please help us keep our records updated by informing us of any changes to your personal information.
Changes to our privacy notice
Our privacy notice is regularly kept up to date and this version was updated on 26 November 2021. The latest full version is always available from our website at www.wheatley-care.com.