Privacy notice - visitors to Wheatley Care sites
Collecting and retaining personal information
Loretto Care trading as Wheatley Care (Wheatley Care) is a charitable care and support provider. We are members of Wheatley Group, Scotland's leading housing, care and property-management group.
Wheatley Care will be the 'data controller' of the personal information you provide to us. This privacy notice is to provide you with more information about how Wheatley Care is collecting information about you in relation to your visit to our premises.
We will collect and process your personal data which is above and beyond what we would ordinarily collect. This is in order to ensure your safety and well-being as a visitor to our premises and that of our employees, contractors and care home residents and other visitors.
Such information will be limited to what is proportionate and necessary, taking into account the latest guidance issued by the Government, the Information Commissioner’s Office and health professionals, in order to manage and contain the coronavirus transmission. It will enable us to effectively fulfil our functions and to keep people safe, put contingency plans into place to safeguard those vulnerable and aid business continuity.
Our Data Protection Officer is Ranald Brown who can be contacted on #email@example.com.
What we need
What we need
As a visitor to our premises we ask that you complete a short health questionnaire. This information is requested to ensure the safety of our staff and residents and to assist with any contact tracing that may be required in the event of an outbreak or suspected case of COVID-19.
You will be asked for the following information:
- have you had a diagnosis of COVID-19?;
- has any member of your household been confirmed as having/had COVID-19?;
- are you or any member of your household currently isolating?;
- are you experiencing any of the following signs or symptoms?;
- shortness of breath or difficulties breathing;
- new or persistent dry cough in last 14 days;
- high temperature;
- recent loss of smell or taste;
- flu-like symptoms (headache, fatigue, high temperature etc.);
- are you in close proximity or contact with any person confirmed with Covid-19?
- in the last 14 days, have you visited any area where local lockdown procedures are in place?
We ask that you agree to participate to ensure protection measures are in place to comply with all public health guidance and the health and safety of all persons within or visiting our premises. Failure to provide this information may mean that you cannot enter the premises.
How we collect your personal data?
We receive this information from you when you complete our Health Questionnaire form.
How we will use the information we hold about you?
We will use the information you provide to:
- protect the health of our employees, contractors, residents and other visitors to our sites;
- assist with any contact tracing that may be required in the event of COVID-19 outbreak.
Contact tracing is an established public health intervention where people at risk of infection because of close contact with an infected person are traced. These people are then given advice to help reduce the risk of spreading the virus. Contact tracing is part of the national Test and Protect approach to containing COVID-19.
You can find out more about it at the following website: https://www.nhsinform.scot/
Why we need your personal information
Personal data required for our response to the COVID-19 emergency is processed under our legitimate interest in order to protect the health and safety of our staff and contractors, our residents and visitors to our sites. Special category data, such as health information, requires an additional condition for processing. In this case we process your data as it is necessary for “reasons of public interest in the area of public health, such as protecting against serious cross-border threats to health”. The current pandemic is an example of such a situation.
How we protect your personal information
Your personal information is stored on our paper systems which may be copied for testing, backup, archiving and disaster recovery purposes. Access to your information is limited to those who require it to provide services to you. All data is held within the European Union (EU).
If any of your personal information is transferred out with the European Union or the European Economic Area by any of our contractors we will ensure there are adequate safeguards in place to protect your personal information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations and applicable UK Data Protection Legislation.
How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your information for as long as it necessary, taking into account of Government advice and the on-going risk presented by COVID-19.
If you are a visitor to one of our sites and complete a Health Questionnaire we will retain the information for 20 calendar days.
The information will be securely destroyed at the expiry of the retention period.
You can exercise any of the following rights by writing to us at InformationRequests@wheatley-group.com
Your rights in relation to your personal information are:
- you have a right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you by making a "subject access request";
- if you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have a right to request that we correct or complete your personal information;
- you have a right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information for specific purposes;
- if you wish us to delete your personal information, you may request that we do so.
Any requests received will be considered under applicable UK Data Protection Legislation. If you remain dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office at www.ico.org.uk
Changes to our Privacy Notice
This privacy notice is regularly kept up to date and this version was updated on 13 July 2020.