Blog 5: Glittery Bums
By Shobhita, Ensemble's young music reporter.
Origin stories come in many guises, but you’ll be hard-pressed to find one as hilarious as that of The Sistas’ song “Glittery Bums”. Once upon a time, a bunch of girls got together and said, “Let’s write a song about bums!”. I was one of the aforementioned girls, and I remember how that thought spurred the free flow of puns relating to the rear end. Humour and silliness were at the heart of a tribute to the city that had become home for this bubbly bunch of girls. Add in some cool beats, and lo and behold, you have the perfect summer banger about friendship, sun and the spirit of Glasgow women.
- Is there a story behind the song, and if so, where did the idea for the song come from?
- What was your first impression when you moved to Glasgow? What things about the city did you find the most interesting and why?
- What do you find inspiring about the women of Glasgow? Why did you decide to make Glittery Bums an ode to the women of the city?
What parts of Glasgow make you feel most at home?
- What was it like to collaborate with a large group of women to write this song? Were there any particularly fun or challenging aspects?
- What are your hopes for the song in the future?
Watch the video: https://bit.ly/3j3De94
Buy the song: https://bit.ly/3j6giG1
Buy the album: https://bit.ly/3t5pD3W