Contact Point - Edinburgh
Find out more about the centre below, including opening hours and services provided.
- help people understand how their own and other people’s mental health can be improved
- provide an informal service which meets the needs of individuals and groups by encouraging social opportunities and one-to-one support
- help people give and receive support by drawing on their life experiences and ways they have managed their own mental health
- being open to learning from service users’ own life experiences
- encourage service users to use and visit sports and leisure centres, museums, galleries, cafes and take part in local walks and lifelong learning
- encourage service users to have a say in how we run the service.
How we work:
- staff are offered new learning opportunities to help meet National Care Standards and the Code of Practice for Social Care Workers.
- volunteers are offered positive work experience
- we help prevent people from becoming isolated
- we get back quickly and professionally to enquiries and referrals
- we have an effective complaints procedure
- policies and procedures from agencies are available to workers and service users
- we work closely with voluntary and statutory agencies
- we manage changes to the services.